Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Keeping it Real Sweet Spot

Most nights, I get home from work with about an hour to spend with Sweetie before she falls to pieces, ready to be tucked into bed.  Most nights all I can bear to do after she goes to bed is watch TV until I fall asleep.  4 days a week, for the past 5 months.

Working full time and a single Mom has it drawbacks.  Like the fact that other than car time I see my daughter for about 1-2 hours on work days (which is 4 days a week).  And we spend plenty of time in the car.  1 1/2 hours on a no traffic day and easily 2+ hours a day on a busy traffic/snow/craziness day.  Too much.

Yet, most nights, there is a sweet spot in the day.  The moment when Sweetie is in clean pj's, full tummy, teeth brushed where she just snuggles in.  That I wouldn't trade for anything.

So - next time we have a sweet spot (like tonight) or I feel like I have energy to type something more than... "OH so tired..." I am thinking up some blog posts - is't been too long folks.

Stay real.


1 comment :

  1. Glad you are back to blogging! I aspire to be a single foster mom in around 5 years, and I will have to work part or full-time, so I appreciate any tips about how you balance it all w/ excellence!

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa