Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One year ago I said Yes

One year ago, I said yes on Friday and opened my door on Monday.  There was my girl.  My Sweetie. 

My road to motherhood was a winding one.  In the midst of my single-hood, I questioned whether or not I would ever be called Mamma.  The ache of not knowing was unbearable at times.

And more recently, the sound of much loved children calling me Mamma physically hurt my heart, as I knew each child would call me that only for a season – short or long, it would end.  They would have another Mamma.

But this one, this one, is my girl.  Through and through.  She has the uncanny ability to drive me batty and have me rolling on the floor in laughter within minutes.  I think she’s hilarious (and she does to).

The thrill I get in hearing her call me Mamma is only second to the joy I see on her face when I retrieve her after being away for a time.  Seeing this lil’ thing, running full speed, yelling “Mamma” and climbing on anyone and anything to get to me, is simply indescribable.  Recently when she did this, a teenage nursery worker asked, “What is it you do to make her want you like that?”

Honestly, I am not sure, but I do know that it’s mutual.  I so enjoy this little one, she’s my favorite person (big or small) and am so glad I am her forever Mamma.

4 comments :

  1. What you do is love her totally and pay attention to her and her needs. I am so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow! AWESOME seeing you there! I love your story!! Hard to believe it has already been a year. I remember when Sweetie arrived in your home. Love it so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Happy familiversary. We're coming up on 2 years with our daughter in about a month. I love picking my daughter up from preschool when she lights up and yells "Mama! Mama!" and comes running to me for a big hug. One of the best feelings ever!

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa