One of the most meaningful activities from Sweetie's adoption shower was our Wishes for Baby pages. When I originally saw it, I knew I wanted to do it for my child someday. And now I have. :)
So personal and so meaningful ~ a fun twist on the guest book since everyone did one.
Here's how we did it. I created a Wishes for Baby template in a few different layouts. On my pages, I wrote open ended sentence prompts (I hope that you.... I hope that you respect... ) and left lots of space for people to personalize as they wished (drawings, a note, etc). I also got some quotes for the less artistically inclined.
- Blank Wishes for Baby Pages ~ enough for all shower guests (feel free to use the ones below)
- Quotes, graphics or stickers for the open areas
- 3 ring binder ~ to put completed wishes in
- Sheet protectors ~ optional
- Instructions for party guests ~ either displayed or in front of wishes folder
|Instructions for guests|
|Wishes for Baby - layout 1|
|Wishes for Baby - Layout 2|
Today I took a few of the lines and compiled everyone's answers and plopped them into http://www.wordle.net/ with these results. I LOVE THEM - and they are now in the life-book / baby-book as well. I especially love how you get the silly and the sweet as the answers come from a wide range of people and ages - as everyone at the shower completed one.
|I hope you love....|
|I hope you ignore...|