Friday, May 3, 2013

How Kids Physically Have Come into My Care

I've had a lot of people wonder aloud exactly HOW foster children arrive into my care.  Especially new foster parents.  Since I've had enough kids that I can share without ruining anyone's confidentiality, in no specific order, this is how they came:
  • Dropped off at my house by policed officer - 2 times
  • Dropped off at my house by social worker
  • Dropped off at my house by past foster parents
  • Dropped off to my house and and returned to current foster parents (respite) - 9 times
  • Picked up from police officer in a parking lot about 1 1/2 hours from our home
  • Picked up from past foster parents home
  • Dropped off at my house by biological father
  • Picked up in another county - about 1/2 hour away
I've heard other stories by other foster parents in my area (like meeting the police at a drug bust and taking the kids, or meeting birth family at McDonalds, etc), but the list has been my experience so far.

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for that. I actually found that very timely. God sure is acurately entertaining that way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was helpful - I remember this piece of the puzzle being very mysterious when I first started.

      Delete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa