Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Adoption finalization - here we come!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a stat about the number of children, whose parental rights have been terminated who are currently waiting in the foster system for adoption and I cried.  Without thought I cried.  Because right now, Sweetie falls into that category   And even though she's here and we're ready - she is waiting.

But - as of April 15th, that wait will be over.  There will be one less child included in that number.   Sweetie will no longer be "a foster child," she will be my child - officially, legally, forever.

Adoption finalization - here we come!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments :

  1. I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Tears in my eyes! So excited! Who knew tax day could be so exciting! Ha! Congrats Momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Tax day has nothing on family day! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I know it's a long road. Our kids have been in and out of care and in our care for the last two years and we finally get to adopt them in May. YAY! Happy to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa