Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sweet Happenings

A lot of little things are happening around here, so I thought I'd do a general update entry so you can all know where we are at without doing a zillion separate ones. :)

Birthday
Sweetie turned one whole year old this month!  I can't believe how quickly the last 6 months that she's been with me have flown by.  And I can't believe my baby is ONE already - how does that happen so quickly?

To celebrate her birthday we had a "cake smash" complete with one photographer Mamma who went way overboard on capturing the sweetness of her experiencing ewwey-gooey frosting for the first time.

We also had a family & friends birthday party, with lots and lots of kids in attendance.  One of my favorite pieces of the party was a "Sweetie Wall" that had 12 photos - one for each month of her sweet little life, with photos and milestones - they are now safely back in her lifebook - but it was fun to see them all hung up in one place.

Stomach flu
Yesterday Sweetie woke up at 4:30am covered in puke and proceeded to throw up every 15-20 minutes for the next 7 hours.  She's slowed down since then and we are now on the upswing - but needless to say it was an exhausting two days for each of us.  The only upside was all the extra cuddles and time with my sweet girl.

Vacation
This weekend, baring any new illnesses, Sweetie and I are taking our first road-trip with my best friend and her Lil' Bit.  We'll be visiting some other friends just one state away.  It struck me as I was finishing up the plans that I needed to get permission to travel out of state, as our adoption isn't final yet.  Oh for the day when we can just be a family.

Adoption
Which brings me to an adoption update.  We are in the process of filing Sweetie's adoption assistance and once we get that paperwork back, we can request an court date for finalization from the court.  WE are only a month or two away!!!!  I am so smitten with Sweetie and I am so ready to just be her Mom.  What an amazing thing...  soon and very soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa