Sunday, December 23, 2012

A reason for JOY this year - Merry Christmas

I've been quiet on the blog-o-sphere for the past few months and with good reason.  I was afraid to write about Sweetie, afraid that I would spill the proverbial beans.  That my love, my excitement and joy would ooze out of me an onto the page.  But, since we got one huge step closer last week, I can now share.

I am adopting Sweetie.  She came to me as a concurrent placement back in August, so I knew from the beginning that there was a high likelihood she would need an adoptive home.  I said yes then to forever if she needed me.  I said yes before I met her, but as soon as I did, my heart was hers.  She is the most precious, joyful, engaged baby.  She is doing amazingly well, but growing a little too quickly for this Mamma's heart.

Emotionally, shes already my daughter and I am her Mamma.  But, soon, hopefully in March, it'll be legal as well.

I could not be more excited to:

  • be sharing this, her first Christmas ever and our first one together.
  • witness her start walking for real yesterday (and yes, I did capture it on video and share it with my family).
  • be getting to know some of her birth family.
  • share in her smiles, her tears and her cuddles.
  • experience all the newness of life with her.
  • see her quickly leaving babyhood behind by refusing any baby food and only eating "real" food, walking, using a sippy cup like a pro and growing out of yet another size of baby clothes.
  • be her Mom, forever.

I am so, so blessed.

Merry, merry Christmas!

10 comments :

  1. Sooo Happy For you and Us as a Family....many steps attained...many joyful steps ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen. I just got really excited for tonight, opening presents, enjoying the evening with her and the family!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! What awesome news. I know you all will have such a special memorable Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! I've been reading your blog for a while (never commented though) and have so been rooting for Sweetie to be placed with you forever. My husband and I are foster parents as well. Shortly after Sweetie came to you, we got two little boys and we are in the same situation you were- we are excitedly hoping for the chance to be their forever Mommy and Daddy. It's likely but not anything confirmed yet.

    Anyway, I'm praising God and rejoicing for YOU and for Sweetie and for your family! Thanking Him for healthy attachments, for His timing and wisdom and the beautiful journey He has set before you two (and whoever else He places in your family!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is so exciting and what a blessing for you and her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so wonderful! I always enjoy reading about Sweetie, and I'm so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That is wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. With that experience, you have a better chance in landing a permanent
    job in a bigger hospital. The precise assortment of hrs might be distinctive basically by neighborhood laws and regulations and the studying institution.
    A recovering therapist would be more capable of
    role modeling how to stay clean and sober.
    Also see my web page > anxiety and depression home remedies

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa