I am adopting Sweetie. She came to me as a concurrent placement back in August, so I knew from the beginning that there was a high likelihood she would need an adoptive home. I said yes then to forever if she needed me. I said yes before I met her, but as soon as I did, my heart was hers. She is the most precious, joyful, engaged baby. She is doing amazingly well, but growing a little too quickly for this Mamma's heart.
Emotionally, shes already my daughter and I am her Mamma. But, soon, hopefully in March, it'll be legal as well.
I could not be more excited to:
- be sharing this, her first Christmas ever and our first one together.
- witness her start walking for real yesterday (and yes, I did capture it on video and share it with my family).
- be getting to know some of her birth family.
- share in her smiles, her tears and her cuddles.
- experience all the newness of life with her.
- see her quickly leaving babyhood behind by refusing any baby food and only eating "real" food, walking, using a sippy cup like a pro and growing out of yet another size of baby clothes.
- be her Mom, forever.
I am so, so blessed.
Merry, merry Christmas!