Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nursery Redo

Its a hard thing keeping a dream alive.  Life fights against it.  One of my dreams that life is fighting against is the dream of a baby that I can love and care for forever - one that I can adopt.

When I learned that Baby Girl would be moving, I knew I needed a way to fight back.  I needed a way to keep the dream alive in the face of seeing it die a little more.  So, I decided to redo the baby nursery, hoping and praying all the time that I would get a little baby to go in it with time.

My search for a theme begin like all good things do, on Etsy.  I came across this lovely piece, stating, "Owl Always Love You."  How true is this in foster care?  We care for kids and sometimes they move on, but the love doesn't.  From this point, the theme was set - Owls.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KoolKitz

Then I went into Target, into Walmart and saw just how popular owls are right now.  Oh man, I hate the bandwagon, but I officially jumped on and embraced it.

Thus started a week long adventure of paint, owls and lots of hard work.  Here are the results. 






Can't wait to have the baby to put in this new nursery!

12 comments :

  1. Your nursery is exceptionally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mitzy - now that I have a beautiful baby in it, its all the more fun.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - Its been in my kids rooms since I started FC, seems appropriate. :)

      Delete
  3. I have enjoyed the foster blogs I've been reading. So much encouragement I think I have tears (good and bad)daily. I too have a nursery ready and waiting. Pending final approval for foster care home. I have began trying to blog not much yet but if you want to view it http://jimschick13.blogspot.com/ here it is.

    Love the pic above the crib!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job!

    ~ Jess@fosteringinthedeepend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous nursery! We were approved as foster carers a week ago, and I'm really glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting! You are just at the beginning! Any placements yet? I'm glad you found my blog too. :)

      Delete
  6. Hello! Where did you find the cute owl lamp?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had an lamp from the old nursery that didn't match so I removed the stuffed animal that was glued on the front, painted it all white and superglued a white owl (cheap owl from the thrift store painted white also) on it.

      Delete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa