Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Before she's even left!

I was just sitting, looking at foster parent grief articles on Google (the only source of info I know of on the subject), thinking about all the kids that have come and gone in the past 2 1/2 years - Star, Pumpkin, Monkey, Buddy, Bug and now Baby Girl.  Shedding some tears, trying to focus on loving the kids I have here today and then the phone rings...

Not sure if I should be honored or scared, but once again - before my current placement (Baby Girl) has even left - I got a call for two more sibling groups! Before she's even left! 

But I have to say - I am so going on vacation before I take any more kids. This Mamma needs a nap! Oh my. 

For now, I will be finding out more information on one sibling group and we'll go from there...

(Excuse the generous usage of the !!!!!!!!!!!!! - I am a little in shock!!!)

8/9 update - these kids will not be coming.  Can I just say I am kindof excited to be laving town with no kids?!  :)

5 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. The vacation part?! :) Yeah - I am really looking forward to it! (Again with the !!!'s :))

      Delete
  2. You know, I was thinking about the foster parent grief thing the other day and how there really are not any resources that I know of, besides venting to friends, family or just people who understand in general....someone should do something about that....(looking around, making sure no one points the finger at me!) I pray you enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for vacation! And the possibility of getting new kids :) I hope you enjoy your break and come back well rested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for vacation! And the possibility of getting new kids :) I hope you enjoy your break and come back well rested!

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa