Thursday, July 5, 2012

Falling

Baby girl is beautiful, funny, giggly, content and so full of joy. Even on her crankiest day, I am smitten and quickly losing my heart to her. She's only been here 3 weeks, yet my heart beams with pride and joy when I think of her and when I watch her crawl, learn new things, just live her life.

It is so right that she is getting the love she needs and the pieces of my broken foster mamma heart are healing bit by bit by her presence here.  On the flip side, her parents love her more than I do and are desperately trying to get her back.  I really like her parents. I root for them. I pray for them. I want them to all live together again if possible.

Yet, If they do it, if they get her back - I will rejoice with them and weep for myself, because I already know I will be broken by it.  And if they can't do it, if she can't go home to them - I will weep for them and for Baby girl.  Foster care is heartache.

Today, I just want to treasure the gift she is, both the sweet baby and the adult she will become.  Her whole life is before her and right now that life is connected to mine.  I want to just keep loving her as long as I can and enjoy every minute.


6 comments :

  1. Yes foster care is heartache. Thank you for being a foster parent & rooting for families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy is she beautiful. So glad you can cheer on her parents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is beautiful - but this isn't a picture of her in the post. I wish I could show how cute she is, because she is by far the cutest!

      Delete
  3. Yup, Foster Care definitely is joy and heart ache...I once had a little baby girl for her first six months and when she left me, I was heart broken, but overjoyed for her at the same time...

    Anne
    www.allaboutelizabeth-anne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always nice to hear from those who have been there themselves - thanks for sharing and for loving that little girl.

      Delete
  4. I fall in love with every child I meet...

    I know she'll go on whatever path is meant for her. Enjoy her, today.

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa