Thursday, July 19, 2012

Extreme Life


Anyone who knows me will tell you I don't do anything in half measures.

I jump. I do. A lot of times I succeed:

  • I traveled the world by myself for 6 months with only my only processions being my backpack. 
  • I thought about running and signed up, trained and then ran a half marathon. 
  • My niece was diagnosed with cancer and I quit my job. 
  • I looked into foster care and was licensed, with kids 4 months later.
And a lot of times I fall flat on my face. Sometimes, well, a lot of the time. I have had a lot of false starts in my my 32 years on this planet. This will not be a false start kindof day. I just registered to run my first 5k in November and I want to do it well. This will include committing myself to a training schedule and kicking this butt in gear. I did run/walk a half marathon last month, but haven't really worked out since - I know myself, I NEED motivation. Training is also going to include cutting out  cutting back on caffeine and doing a juice fast for the next 30 2 1/2 days.*

Extreme right? That's me!

While I was watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead today I realized that while I've made some big changes in the past 6 months and lost over 20 pounds it really isn't enough. I am at a weight that's been my average for most of my adult life. I am comfortable. Well, I am comfortable-ish. But that's not what I want. I want to be better than average. I want to be happy-er. So a juicing kick-start to a healthier lifestyle moving forward is where its at. (Anyone have a juicer?)

The caffeine is going to suck. Coffee is one of the great loves of my life and one of the biggest money wasters of all time. And, I am crazy addicted. So I plan to take it slow for the first week - cutting it down to one cup, then out. Not to say that I will never have coffee again - that would be TOO sad - but we're going to take a break in our relationship.

Here goes.

*Extreme Life plan edited for the safety of its member - me. :)


2 comments :

  1. We just started juicing a few weeks ago, I LOVE it.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa