Sunday, July 15, 2012

Definitely the Pregnancy

I don't feel the need to correct strangers on who is or isn't from my womb when I am out and about.

So yesterday when a clerk asked me how old Baby Girl was, I said, "Nine months."

She responded with, "Oh, that is just as long as you were pregnant (Um, never pregnant with this sweetie, but still I nod my head).

And followed that up with, "Which seemed to go faster, the pregnancy or the last 9 months with her?"

My response, "Definitely the pregnancy." 

And walked away.

4 comments :

  1. I totally relate to the nodding rather than offering up an explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been asked if I am my daughter's GRANDMOTHER before...more than once...uggg.....

    Anne
    www.allaboutelizabeth-anne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for one, I am convinced that the waiting for a foster/adoptive child is really a pregnancy in itself. So I'd say you answered well :)

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa