Saturday, July 28, 2012

Baby Girl is leaving.

Baby Girl is leaving.

I have know about it for about a week and just haven't been able to bring myself to journal, I mean blog, about it yet.

Somehow writing it down makes it more real than it was without the words in front of me.  But, she is leaving.  She is going to be with her Mom and that makes me really happy.  But, as I said before, I will weep for myself.

She awoke something in me though that screams for permanence.  Just as our children crave consistency and permanence, so do I.  I have said goodbye to 5 longer term kids since January.  This is where the rubber hits the road.  This is where fostering is hard.

This is where I need a vacation. I am going to get away to Michigan in a few weeks, but more about that later.

K, there, I said it.  She is leaving.  I will be sad.  I will be hopeful for her, for her Mom - that they will be healthy, happy and whole for their whole lives.  I will rest up and prepare for the next child - whether they stay for a day or for my whole life.

5 comments :

  1. Oh Alisa... I wish I could ease it for you. How I admire your strength! And how your very tender heart is exactly what these kids need... A heart that resembles that of Jesus :)
    A tight hug, dear.
    Gabie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...in the coming and the goings...it is so hard. May you feel the peace that passes understanding as you rejoice for reuniting family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. And I totally get that desire for permanence. It's something I'm always dealing with--do I stay with foster care? Adopt a waiting kid? Decide to be kid-less and carefree and travel the world? There's no good, easy answer.

    Vacations are good. They have a way of making things seem brighter, if not any easier.

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa