Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Infestation!

Shudder every time I see this!!!
Chipmunks have made themselves very much at home in my patio and garage.  I am NOT a fan.  In fact, one irrational visual image I've overcome is one of a squirrels plastered flat across my face.  Over and over again I'd see it...  feeding squirrels at the park is not a relaxing exercise, in fact quite the opposite.  They are not cute or cuddly or special!  (Yes, I feel very strongly about this!)

So, the fact that these darn chipmunks are everywhere isn't good.

Yesterday, I scoured the stores looking for something to get rid of these darn things, so far all I have come up with is moth balls in socks all over outside and in the garage - we'll see if it helps or if they just get smarter....  they are EVERYWHERE!

All up in my bubble!

Any ideas?!

6 comments :

  1. Okay -a couple of questions - do you have cats? Are they damaging property? Can you get the no kill traps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cats, no damage to property other than eating/pooping on some clothes in the garage. I could get the no kill traps, but honestly the thought of having these things alive in traps that I have to touch is nearly as bad as having them alive running around.

      Delete
    2. Ah, but the thing is they really aren't doing anything to you and you are living in their natural habitat.... it is kind of a trade off. I have chipmunks, squirrels, a couple of rabbits, and, on occasion, a raccoon... and I live in town. We are in there space... so, we need to figure out how to move them to a new space or deal with their being there. The traps will keep them from touching you and allow for relocation...

      Just a thought.

      Delete
  2. My mother-in-law has used some sort of noise-maker -- a high-pitched sound-- that she plugs-in to keep the squirrels out. I wonder if it would work for chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen those, in fact, I think my sister in law has one of those, but I don't know if I just have strangely sensitive ears myself, but the high pitched sound drives me crazy. Maybe if I put it in the garage it would be okay, I will have to keep that in mind.

      Delete
  3. Thanks everyone - seems to be the moth balls ended up working and although there are still lots around (which is okay), there isn't any in my garage or directly burrowing into my patio. So success!

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa