Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Whirlwind Day - Monkey Moving On

Today is one of those days that you get to the end of, crumple down in a chair and think, "What the...?!?!"

Normal day.  Routine Day.  Until I found out the Monkey will not be moving in a week to two weeks as previously planned - she will be moving* on Friday.  Friday.  As in two days from now.  And oh yeah, she has school and a visit with Mom tomorrow - so TONIGHT was our last night with our little foursome.

So I did what any self respecting foster parent would do, I  picked up my chin off the floor and tried to make it special.  We did the photo-shoot with Monkey that I have been putting off (I am a photographer as well as a FP and like to send all of my kids away with good pics).  Took the kids out to eat and then out to a movie.

However, the reality of it is that every minute of it was stressful.  The kids were bickering constantly, I was a crabby, frazzled Mom and we were in a hurry from the second school got done until I tucked the kids into bed 30 minutes AFTER bedtime.

But we did it.  The house is quiet.  And now, I have to get her lifebook together and a list of all the things that need to happen in the next two days.

The whirlwind day continues.




*Monkey will be moving in with an amazing adoptive family!  I am so happy for all of them as they start their new life together.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa