Sunday, May 13, 2012

Its Here. Wishing you a love filled, meaningful Mothers Day.

Reading so many views on Mothers Day has definitely caused me to think about what the day means to me...  Flowers.  Husbands.  Children.  Food.

We have always bought each other flowers for Mothers Day.  Not sure when it started, but it has stuck - every adult woman in the family gets a flower.  Something to plant, to nurture, to appreciate.  I like it.  I like that I got flowers a long time before I had children, because although I wasn't a Mom, I was an important woman in children's lives - nurturing, loving, appreciating.

{ Read about my first Mothers Day }

So to all the Moms out there, all the women who are loving, longing, treasuring, missing, remembering, hugging, holding, wiping, and pressing forward - be blessed.  Be kind to one another.

View the entire 2012 Mothers Day series posts below.

A huge thank you to each and every contributor for being willing to share a part of your story with me.  I have been blessed!




  • I am not a mother yet…or am I?  
    • Mother’s Day has always been about celebrating my mother - who is amazing and strong - and who has overcome tremendous odds. My mother gives me compassion for teenagers who make mistakes. My mother reminds me daily that we are not defined by our circumstances, but by how we choose to react to them.

  • Hysterectomy at Thirty: Best Thing Ever?
    • ... at the age of thirty, I ended up having a hysterectomy due to complications with severe endometriosis.  Still single, with no biological children, I spent the next few years praying and trying to figure out God's plan for me.  I knew I was going to be a mother.  I just had no idea how it was going to happen.

  • Mother's Day, Birth Mother's Day or Both?
    • ...because I’m a birth mother and not a mother in the traditional sense, Mother’s Day holds interesting significance.  Some people, including some birth mothers, believe that they cannot celebrate Mother’s Day so they’ve chosen to celebrate their birth motherhood on Birth Mother’s Day, the day before Mother’s Day.  I have no problem with that...

  • Motherhood is to Hold a Piece of Your Heart in Your Arms  
    • I did not easily offer my child back to God with joy. In fact I pleaded with Him to allow her to stay. One of the most painful questions I have had to answer when I meet someone new is “How many kids do you have?” It took me awhile to speak the truth of the answer. “I am the mom of 3 beautiful girls. Two live with me and one lives in heaven.

  • Mothers: Your Pregnancy Is Not an Accident  
    • I’ve been thinking a lot about parenting in the last couple months after receiving the news back in February that I will be a father this upcoming October. I was adopted when I was only a month old after being born to a couple who had an affair with each other. 26 years ago, the prevalence of abortions was only starting its disastrous snowball, and I realize now more than ever why I shouldn’t take my life for granted.

2 comments :

  1. Loved the series! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it! Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mimi - it was so fun to put together. Thank YOU for participating! Hope you had an amazing Mothers Day as well.

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa