Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Birthday Extravaganza (s)

The cake creations a-la-Alisa.
A while back I wrote about celebrating big with kids in foster care.  Two huge chances to practice what I preach came with in the past month.  Both Bug and Monkey both had a  birthday.

Bug turned 4 right around Easter, so we combined her celebration with Easter - which is just fine when you are four.  She got an Easter egg hut with all the cousins and amazing dinner ON TOP of her pinata, presents and yummy, yummy cake.  She was a pretty, pretty princess with a tiara and pink EVERYTHING!  The highlight of the day for me was seeing how deliriously happy she was - looking a photos of that day do nothing buy make me grin from ear to ear.

And then Monkey turned 9 a few weeks later.  She had a Sponge-bob themed party - complete with a cake, pinata, presents and friends.  She had a great time and 2 other parties!  This kid made out like a bandit.  The funniest part of this day for me was the cake.  I made the Sponge-bob cake above and the first thing that Buddy said when he saw it was, "Oh... its okay Alisa, you tried your best.  And that is what is important."  True - but not exactly what I wanted to hear.  Its okay though, I did try my best. :)

So now, I have a 4, 7 and 9 year old.   I am getting used to saying that now.  I don't understand how people with a lot of kids keep their kids ages straight when its changing all the time...

No comments :

Post a Comment

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa