Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kids, Kids, Kids

Life in the foster care time-warp has been flying past.  Monkey has been here for over a month and a half.  When she came, we all thought it would be a short-term placement.  Just to have birth mom and dad get their feet under them and then move her back home.  That WAS the plan.  Last week, we were all set to move.  Two days before the planned move, Monkey shared some reservations and concerns about moving back.  The brakes were thrown on and now we are thrown back into square 1 or negative square one, because now everything is mixed up  --- for R, for her birth family and for me.  No one knows what the plan is anymore or what the time frame is.  Mixed up.

She is a handful, so busy, so inquisitive and so, so an only child.  Her sweetness shines past all of that so many times throughout the day as well, so it helps balance out the caous of everything else.  Tonight as I was tucking her in she was so funny.  She was giving me a hug goodnight, and then kissed me on my cheek.

Then this conversation took place:

Monkey:  "You're the best lady.  You're the best lady ever to exist on the whole planet, who has ever existed.  No on the whole universe.  No, you're the best lady in the whole universe, even on mercury."

Me: "Umm... I don't know about that, but thanks.  Not sure what you're saving up points for, but thanks and goodnight"  Said while smiling all the way upstairs, where I am now blogging about it.

It also makes me laugh that ever night she says her prayers at her parents request.  She says, Now I lay me down to sleep, and The Lords Prayer, every night.  Well, every night when she gets to the section in the Lord's prayer that should say, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done."  She says, "My kingdom come, My will be done."  It is an honest mistake and I just don't have the heart to correct her because sometimes at the end of a long day, I really look forward to hearing it.  :)

Another crazy part of this past week is that my former foster daughter, Pumpkin and her older brother, have been with me since Monday for respite.  It has been AMAZING seeing pumpkin, hugging her, being with her, knowing that she still remembers me and cares about me.  She is doing amazing, grown so much and just as sweet as I remembered.  It will also be so, so hard when I have to say goodbye to her again tomorrow evening.

And last week, we also had two extra kids for the weekend, 6 and 4 year old little sweeties.  So our house has been loud, crazy and fun (most of the time).  Monkey is so looking forward to a little piece and quiet when there isn't so many little ones running around.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa