Friday, July 30, 2010

I AM a Foster Mother

Today I am kind-of sad. Maybe it is because it is noon and the sun is still hiding behind clouds, but if I had to guess, it is truly because my house is empty. I am still looking and waiting and praying for those kids who will be with me for "a while". This short term stuff is wonderful and I am enjoying getting my feet wet, but in my heart of hearts, I want to mother. And it seems to me that true mothering takes time. Otherwise this feels a lot like glorified babysitting to hurting kids.

Wait. Halt. Stop.

I wrote this a few minutes ago, and actually had to log back in to edit it somewhat... I realized that in all of this, I am still acting and thinking like I am waiting to be a foster mother. That somehow what I am doing, doesn't count. THIS IS FOSTER PARENTING. I AM A FOSTER MOTHER, NOW!

K, I got that out of my system. I forget these simple things sometimes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa