Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dear little one(s): Letter to My Future Foster Kids

Dear little one(s),

Today my thoughts have been turning towards you. Towards where you are today, tonight at this very moment. No matter where you are, I am sure life seems big. And scary. And out of control. I just want you to know that there are people who are ready to love you. Me, for one.

On my end, I am getting a place ready for you. A safe place. A quiet, loud, musical, fun place. A place with walls, and warmth in the winter and coolness in the summer. A place with toys and clothes and most of all, love. I am studying and praying and staying up late thinking about you.

I am thinking about how having you in my life will change me, and it will change you. I will become a mother. You will have another adult in your life to "come home to". I will make new "mommy" friends. You will get new cousins. I will be starting something big and new. You will be ending something, and starting something new, that is also big and maybe scary.

What a journey we are on together, already...

Someday soon we will meet and I will learn your name, your favorite activities, your favorite and not so favorite foods. Someday soon, we will talk together, probably cry together, fight together and love together. I will meet your Mom and Dad, you will meet my Mom and Dad. Our lives will become intertwined, for a season or for a lifetime. Who can predict where we will end up?

4 comments :

  1. This completely warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beautiful, all the things I feel and more, Stepping into the Foster care, starting classes soon, It is a Calling, How can we not do it.♡

    ReplyDelete

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa