Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stuff, Support & Jesus

I am in awe of how this is falling into place... my family is super supportive, in fact, my family and my church are both throwing me showers. Another foster family is giving me TONS of baby stuff. I love all the support, cause it really does take a village to raise a child, and in the case of a foster child, it really takes a couple villages. :)

Support people: my family has been awesome, my mom can't wait to have more kids, and my sisters are super supportive and excited for me and for the kids. My friends too have been great. I know that as a single person, I need more support and not less. I definitely have friends that are parents and those who aren't parents who are in my corner, supporting me on this, willing to be babysitters, PCA's and basically whatever I need. Our county also has support groups for foster families in the area and I am praying to get hooked up with some other families in the area that are doing foster care as well.

One of the things that is the biggest for me right now is the obvious one, at the end of this process I am going to be full-time parent to whatever kids end up with me. Wow. It is definitely an adjustment in my thinking... I honestly thought that I would be married before having kids. Rationally, I know that the Lord is in control. He can lead me into foster care and lead me into a relationship just as easily. Sometimes, it is hard to remember that though.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa