Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Worker and Trainings

I just spoke with the social worker that has been assigned to work with me. Marquetta. I so wish it had been Jen. Bummer. Marquetta seems nice enough, and she is definitely experienced. I will have to get used to it.

We set up a meeting for next Wednesday for her to come and meet with me. She said she is bringing some forms for us to go over and will be taking a look at the wall of paneling in my room to see if a fire marshal visit is required. I really hope its not, but there isn't much I can do. She seemed reserved... like this might take a while and she isn't rushing it. Arg.

She did invite me to a support group, on next Tuesday, for all foster parents. She said they are trying something new, "a boot camp" for new foster parents. Where experienced caregivers come in and give us newbies some hits and pointers.

So...Monday (Carseat safety), Tuesday (Support Group), Wednesday (Meeting) & next Monday (Handbook/Policy training). Busy next couple of weeks. It is amazing to me that people can just have kids. Just have them with no training whatsoever. Maybe this is what makes foster parents, professional parents...

No comments :

Post a Comment

It'll be a pleasure hearing your thoughts. Alisa